Welcome to The Village Museum and Cultural Center
Kijiji cha Makumbusho - Dar es Salaam
And see all Tanzania in a day!
Experience unique Tanzanian traditional and customs in a day!
Come and discover the fascinating culture and traditions
of Tanzania's many different ethnic groups.
· Large open-air site
· 22 furnished houses from all over Tanzania
· Guided tours or individual visits
· Restaurant (Cafe serving drinks and traditional dishes
· Facilities for families and children
· Demonstrations of traditional arts and crafts
· Meet international award-winning resident artists
· Dance performances every week-end and
public holidays, 16.00-20.00
· Educational activities and outreach for school
· Regular special events and ethnic days
· Our unique hall can cater for all your needs from family gatherings to workshops
How to find us
The museum is easy to find, just 8 kms from the city
Centre next to the New Bagamoyo Road
(Makumbusha bus stop).
Every day, 9.30-18.00 hours
Small admission charges
Makumbusho Cultural Center
The Village Museum,
P.O. Box 72441, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: 255 22 700193
+255 783 163 934